Guide for Authors
Life Sciences, Medicine and Biomedicine have taken poactive measures to put into considerations suggestions and recommendations provided by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors in the conduct and reporting of research and other material published in medical journals. For more information you may visit ICMJE site by clicking the banner below:
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor it is under review / considered for publication in any other journal (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1.5 spaced; uses a 10-point Calibri font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The author(s) confirm that they have full permission for the use of images, formulas, chemical structures and any other copyright materials from their rightful owners. The author(s) also agree to accept full responsiility for the use of these copyright materials and will not hold the Journal and it's Publisher responsible for any claims arising from the use of these materials.
- The authors and all contributors including financiers agree to the Terms & Conditions of the Publisher. The open access article will be distributed based on the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license, please refer here at Creative Commons page.
You are required to follow the guidelines below for manuscript submission to the Life Sciences, Medicine and Biomedicine.
- You submission must include a minimum of TWO MS Word files.
- First MS Word file is the cover letter that will include the following information:
- Manuscript title;
- Full names of all authors (surnames underlined);
- Affiliations of all authors and their full addresses;
- Two (2) suggested reviewers with their full names, e-mail, affiliation with addresses, contact numbers. The journal may or may not use these reviewers for the review of your manuscript and;
- Other relevant information.
- Second MS Word file is your manuscript and must be submitted in a single Microsoft Word document, together with all figures, diagrams and images.
- In general, your manuscript file MUST contain 1. Title, 2. Abstract, 3. Keywords, 4. Introduction, 5. Materials and methods, 6. Results, 7. Discussion, 8. Conclusion, 9. Acknowledgement, 10. Disclosures and 11. References. Sections and sub-sections must be numbered systematically (1.0 Introduction, 2.0 Materials & Methods, 2.1 Chemicals, 2.2 Synthesis etc.). Remember NOT to include authors' names and affiliations on this file.
- It should state the chemicals or drugs used, experimental models and other relevant information.
- If your study requires ethical clearance, you must provide the necessary approval codes by your institution.
- Figures / diagrams / images must be embedded in the manuscript and must appear immediately after it is mentioned in the text. Images must be in image format (JPEG/GIF/BMP).
- Figures must not have borders lining them.
- You can also additionally attach a PDF file of all your figures in one file. Ensure all figures are saved in high resolution for clarity.
- All figures must be supported by a caption. Captions must be provided separately and not saved together with the images. The captions must be provided in text after the references in the manuscript file.
- You are encouraged to include a graphical abstract, however, it is not compulsory. The graphical abstract should be attached as a separate file in image format (JPEG/GIF/BMP).
- Your manuscript file should contain the following in sequence:
- Title that is concise.
- Abstract should not be more than 300 words. References should not be included in the abstract and it must be divided into Introduction, Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusions. You are free to use your own sub-division and will be accordingly agreed during review.
- A maximum of 5 keywords.
- A short title.
- Page numbers.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out the first time it's mentioned in the manuscript.
- Tables and Figures must be accurately numbered while referred in the text. Authors must agree that they have or have obtained permission to use the images provided in the manuscript. This must be mentioned in the cover letter.
- You must state any conflict of interest in the disclosure section. If there is none, you must state the following: The authors declare no conflicts of interest in this work.
- Ensure that the references used throughout the manuscript is the APA (American Psychological Association) Style.
- Acknowledgements should be included before references. You are encouraged to mention your funding agencies or sources and include the respective grant numbers in this section.